Want to know why your Afro hair is falling out? Then look no further. If you have Afro hair and have you noticed that your hair is thinning, your edges are receding, bald patches have appeared around your scalp or you are experiencing rapid and dramatic hair fall, then you are not alone. If you have experienced any of the symptoms mentioned above, do not despair, this article will identify the most common causes of Afro hair loss and the most effective treatment.
If you are suffering from thinning Afro hair, this could be for a variety of reasons
- Menopause – women who are going through menopause are more likely to experience thinning Afro hair because menopause disrupts your hormones. Pre-menopausal women have high levels of oestrogen and one of the functions of oestrogen is to protect the hair bulb and keep it healthy. During menopause and post menopause levels of oestrogen fall causing the hair bulb to have insufficient protection, which results in hair become thin and weak over time and more prone to hair breakage
- Hair Shaft Defects – Styling techniques can cause the hair shaft to become damaged, which in turn can cause hair thinning and hair breakage. Afro hair is extremely curly, which causes people with Afro hair types to style their hair in a fashion that defies the natural kink and coil of the hair, such a tight braids, ponytails or dreadlocks. When Afro hair is styled tightly, in some sort of twist, or excessive pressure is applied, this can cause a weak point in the hair shaft, causing hair thinning and hair loss.
- Hair Dye/Chemical Processing – Afro hair has an intense coils which means that hair cuticles (scales that protect the hair shaft) are slightly raised. Relaxing or dying your hair causes hair cuticles to rise dramatically, which exposes the hair strands, making hair thinner and more prone to hair breakage, click here fore more info.
Thinning Edges/Traction Alopecia
Have you been wearing your hair in tight ponytails, weaves, braids or dreadlocks and noticed your edges becoming thinner and thinner to the point where you have a noticeable receding hair line? If so, you could be suffering from Traction Alopecia, click here to find out more and how to get effective treatment
- Female Pattern Baldness - Over 50% of the population suffer from some form of hair loss at anytime. If you have noticed thinning at the top, centre of your scalp, this could be symptoms of Female Pattern Baldness. Female Pattern Baldness in an androgenetic alopecia (hereditary) and typically effects women in the 40’s and 50’s. The good news is that Female Pattern Baldness can be treated, especially if caught early. Click here to find out more about Female Pattern Baldness and how to get effective treatment.
- Areata Alopecia – Alopecia Areata is caused by an autoimmune disorder which causes hair loss and prevents hair growth in patches around the scalp. The autoimmune disorder causes the body to attack hair follicles whilst in the growth (anagen) stage which stops hair growth. Hair loss is caused through inflammation as T cell lymphocytes (natural killer cells) cluster around affected hair follicles.
Is There A Cure for Areata Alopecia?
The best thing that you can do to treat Alopecia Areata is to get treatment that will improve hair growth (such as ProTress Essential Scalp Therapy Energising Shampoo and Lotion) because there is currently no cure. The quicker you seek treatment the more likely you are to restore hair growth and prevent the hair loss from worsening because the more severe the hair loss condition, the chances of hair regrowth reduce.
Rapid Hair Loss
- Medication - Hair growth can be effected negatively by polycystic ovaries and thyroid disease. Excessive use of prescription drugs can also cause hair loss because the chemicals get into your blood stream and get transferred to your hair bulb, contaminating your hair structure. ProTress ESSENTIAL SCALP THERAPY ENERGISING Line strengthens remaining hair by rebalancing and purifying the scalp, reactivating peripheral micro circulation.
- Stress - Stress and tiredness will have an adverse effect on the growth, health and vitality of your hair. For example, if you are stressed it might follow that you tense your body. When your body is tense, your scalp tightens and the blood capillaries contract which reduces the amount of oxygen and nutrients that can reach the hair follicles, hindering growth. Oxygen and nutrients are vital to your hair's growth and health. ProTress ENERGISING Shampoo and Lotion helps to counter the negative effects that stress has on your hair by facilitating the circulation of nutrients and oxygen to the scalp.
Effective Treatment for Afro Hair Loss
ProTress Essential Scalp Therapy Energising Shampoo and Lotion is the most effective treatment for Afro hair loss. ProTress Essential Scalp Therapy Energising Shampoo and Lotion facilitates recovery from Afro hair loss because it contains the patented Si MATRIX PF which is a revolutionary treatment for the connective tissue recovery and revitalising hair follicles. Once the ProTress Essential Scalp Therapy Energising Lotion is applied to the scalp, the peripheral micro circulation (flow of blood around the scalp) is reactivated causing the scalp to tingle as the lotion massages the scalp, revitalising hair follicles, whilst improving the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the hair bulbs, which restores hair growth and prevents further hair loss.